H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index H.O.W.D.Y. Music
Supporting Independent Artists

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What we are doing...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index -> Project Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos Flesh! Even showing some leg...

It would be great if you have some photos to submit as art for the CD booklet. I have a Scitex scanner at home and at work and can scan almost anything. If you don't have any high quality scans to submit, you can send photographs or transparencies to me for scanning.

My Address:
Steve Baldwin
25 Bradford Ct.
Syracuse, NY 13207

You can also send any scans you have via email to cdsubmit@howdyspace.com.

Gammo, good to see you are still here! Have you started working with Isa6ella and Transition about designing the booklet?

I also agree with the comments on art being influenced by music, so if you would like the mp3 CD that the reviewers are getting, just let me know and I'll send one to you as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Exit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FleshCarve wrote:
I'll probably be emailing you some photographic stuff shortly, or, if you want to look for suitable material, go here: http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=448447
(since HTML doesn't seem to be turned on...)

To all: you can add images easily, just use the BBCode, which the help menu is accessable on the lower left while posting or just click on this this. One thing to watch out for, do not use quote marks! It will display your urls and images as text rather then what you expect to see.

EDIT: HAHHAHAHHA! I just fixed an error I made while explaining how easy it is to use BBCode.... oh the irony, well it's also easy to make a mistake!

Last edited by Exit on Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mrdwab
Feeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just registering and checking in... Glad to see people are still interested[/img]
FleshCarve
Feeler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankee. What preferences do you have for scanning/files?

Most of those images up there exist as 8x10s on good quality fiber based paper. Would you want a print to scan?

Or, if you prefer a file (i have a decent scanner at work, and access to a beast of a machine for scanning negatives, though it doesn't handle traditional B+W very well, unfortunately), what format? tiff?

Anything new or color, i'll probably just scan at work, and bring home on disc to email, other things, i can mail as prints.

Also, should i be in contact with Gammo and transition for the sort of things that they are looking for, contentwise, or are we still going to want to wait until we've heard the music?

So many questions!

You are FLESH.
Exit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my scanner:

It weighs 240 lbs., scans anything up to around 11x17", has 7 lenses in side, and cost $50,000 in 1995. I got mine for $1000 freight shipped to me via ebay! heh

I also have a newer model Scitex Eversmart Pro II at work that I'm not sure if I actually like better.

Both scanners have been used by me to scan high quality stuff. I'm sure I can do your photos justice if you sent them to me.

If you have a good scanner at work, then please scan as a TIFF, and make sure to compress it with LZW (available in Photoshop if your scanning software doesn't allow for this option). Then just send it along to cdsubmit@howdyspace.com.

If you want a reviewer's CD to be sent to you, email me with your address at the same address above and request one.
isa6ella
Feeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Hello to everyone Reply with quote

Hi I am here too!
< waves to everyone >

Welcome to the banality of this first post...
John2
Feeler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how big the booklet will be but I was looking through the photos I've done over the last two years and there's a selection of them here.

Despite the fact that a couple look like they've been doctored in a photo editor, they haven't. The images have been reduced so they don't take ages to download though. I still have the larger files on my hard drive (although they're all jpgs as that's all my camera takes).

Oh yeah, I apologise about the pop-ups
FleshCarve
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popups? what Popups.

Oh, how i love Opera.

I think the 'static' image, in particular, could be good for the book, but i guess that depends on the layout and the sound of the album... i have some shooting plans in the near future, but we'l have to see how they go, as i'd prefer not to get arrested... hehehe.

You are FLESH.
david
Feeler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, cool that the project is still going strong!
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: BonJour ! Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice photos Flesh! Even showing some leg...

It would be great if you have some photos to submit as art for the CD booklet. I have a Scitex scanner at home and at work and can scan almost anything. If you don't have any high quality scans to submit, you can send photographs or transparencies to me for scanning.

My Address:
Steve Baldwin
25 Bradford Ct.
Syracuse, NY 13207

You can also send any scans you have via email to cdsubmit@howdyspace.com.

Gammo, good to see you are still here! Have you started working with Isa6ella and Transition about designing the booklet?

I also agree with the comments on art being influenced by music, so if you would like the mp3 CD that the reviewers are getting, just let me know and I'll send one to you as well.

Yo !
May i have one, CD, aswell ? *holds out her begging hand* Confused
Exit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing, just send me your address via email to cdsubmit@howdyspace.com!
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done : )
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exit wrote:
Here is my scanner:

It weighs 240 lbs., scans anything up to around 11x17", has 7 lenses in side, and cost $50,000 in 1995. I got mine for $1000 freight shipped to me via ebay! heh

You lucky, uh, cow is not quite fitting.
jlehmus
Feeler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey I want to advertise my photos too (again), just scanned some new stuff, click on the swan:

http://www.lomohomes.com/jlehmus

more flashy shots of emptiness here:

http://members.surfeu.fi/exp/eye

more to come..

Jukka
Gonchong
Feeler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!
Just registered. I don't post on the neubauten.org forum much, but I'm one of the people who have submitted some tracks for the supporters CD.

Pleased to be here !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index -> Project Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: