H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index H.O.W.D.Y. Music
Supporting Independent Artists

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What we are doing...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index -> Project Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Faces Reply with quote

Gonchong, like your name.

I made a Mekman.Toying around with Neubauten orglers faces

and some guys face from TV

and me and the Metropolis woman

I have no idea what the booklet will look like but i¥m interested in how all our styles will mix.I think we¥ll know a little more once we¥ve heard the songs.Input/Output/IdeasÖ
mek
Feeler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey this EN symbol looks soooooo fucking good. I wonder why....
jlehmus
Feeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: art samples Reply with quote

I liked the last of the three best... I don't see a point in using the EN logo on the cover as the music is not directly related to the group, it makes one to think its a remix album or something

Good dark ambiguous mystery art is my choice Smile

Oh hell, just checked the roster for art, time to get some stuff submitted, like... eeeh.
mek
Feeler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know whata the plans will be about a release date or so, but I think I will not make it in time. I will move to germany this friday, and I have no flat and job yet, so I wont have space and equipment to work on the music to finish it off. I expect it to last at least 1 month until i will be settled in some way, but probably longer. What are the plans? And what is the status?
Exit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mek! Maybe I can 'pretty' up the tracks you submitted! I really enjoyed your two tracks and think they provide a great contrast to the rest of the submitted music! You music has made me smile each time I heard it, so don't pull out!!!

Status: I took a vacation but have returned. I am seeking out the one CD that Kjosef submitted. My car seems to have eaten it. Once I have that, I'll be able to record the mp3 CDs and send them out. It might take a few weeks for people in Europe to get the CDs, according to the international postal discussions on the EN forums.

I have been terriblely busy trying to buy a house (a school actually). It has been taking up most of my time as I have to act quick to get this property before someone else snaps it up! You can see my glorious school here. I'm currently fighting with all the banks because this is a commercial property and they have a problem with 7300 Square Foot homes. Sigh!

I like the artwork that everyone has been showing! The designers should feel free to use the art as FPOs (For Position Only) while designing. The one element that you designers need is what text we will have for each of the artist. I'll need to email all the artists and collect this too. I imagine something like what Gammo proposed a while back is what we will do, somehting like this:
--------------------
Artist Name
Supporter Name - Supporter Since Date

Artist Bio

Web address or email address

Track information and copyright
--------------------

Using myself as an example:
--------------------
99¢ Special
Exitof99 - EN Supporter Since 12/02

99 formed in 1992 and has played out near 60 shows mainly in the mid 90's. The touring band had split due from unspecified stresses, but has regrouped and is currently gearing up for another run. The bands three core members are Exit, Darren Blunt, and RaYzor, who in turn are the Creator/Com-poseur, Tribal Percussionist, Electronic Percussionist.

www.howdymedia.com/99special

Dying For is ©2003 H.O.W.D.Y. Media and is from the H.O.W.D.Y Media Release 'Scraps'.
--------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exit,

you said that Shea submitted something.Is it possible to see the submissions here, so we know what kind of styles people have ... to be able to relate and make visual connections ?
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: art samples Reply with quote

jlehmus wrote:

Good dark ambiguous mystery art is my choice Smile

As in ? Visual examples ?
I looked at your work but i don¥t find it specifically dark Smile
jlehmus
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha, with "dark and ambiguous" I wasn't referring to my own stuff!! I'm trying to be clear and ambiguous these days. (In the past, early 90s I published a book of poems that was illustrated by Francoise Duvivier, is that dark and ambiguous enough?!)

transition, I was thinking of the third piece that you posted here in the forum. That's "dark and ambiguous." And your "avatar" image too, transition, dark and ambiguous yet not too angst-ridden. Maybe we could just collect all the contributors' passport photos and tweak them all like that and use it as the cover. Or just superimpose all the portraits to form the face of one "statistical average" supporter...

But there's too much ambiguity involved in choosing the visuals for this project I see! It's a compilation album with music from (I think) many people with different styles...

These days, I'm listening to Vive la FÍte quite a lot, simple lovely music http://www.vivelafete.be ... maybe I'm not dark and ambiguous enough to be on an EN supporters' compilation and should propose a Vive la FÍte friends' compilation instead... Ha ha... "Tokyo attaque, moi aussi!"
mek
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion it's not only a compilation of music from supporters, but I'd rather call it a compilation of things the supporters do. Thus artwork and design is very important. I would actually also really like it to see lietrature (short stories, poems) as well. or whatever is possible to include on a CD or booklet.
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe we could just collect all the contributors' passport photos and tweak them all like that and use it as the cover.

Omg, that¥s a good idea ...

Quote:
Or just superimpose all the portraits to form the face of one "statistical average" supporter...

and that an even better one ! Laughing How would you get a clear '' statistical average '' face though ?

I like the thought of using the supporters faces, face as the indentificator ( Engl ? ).It adds a personal element.Some might oppose to that ?
I like the thought of the different '' artists/designers '' tweaking supporters pictures in their own style, so you have a variety of styles.The styles could be clinical or organic, architectural or like an Impressionist painting, abstract, flat, 3 dimensional Ö
The holding things together element would be the use of font/layout.
A compilation album with a compilation of pics that have the same concept but different styles ?

Quote:
I would actually also really like it to see lietrature (short stories, poems) as well. or whatever is possible to include on a CD or booklet.

Referring to the pieces ( music ) the supporters made or what context ?

Where are Gammo, Isabella, Shea etc ?

Last edited by transition on Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
transition
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statistical averages get me going.What an interesting topic in itself, averages and non averages, that is what out of the norm, convention.AnywayÖ
Phantom_Ass
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do like that idea with the faces!!

also i think the short stories or poems etc idea is a good one, just one thing though - would it add alot to the number of pages in the bookelt - thus making it more expensive again to produce?
Phantom_Ass
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me again! haha! Razz

was wondering maybe if exit could let the persons contributing music which of their tracks is being voted for mostly (at the moment)? that is if the cd's have been sent yet?
mek
Feeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would actually also really like it to see lietrature (short stories, poems) as well. or whatever is possible to include on a CD or booklet.

Quote:

Referring to the pieces ( music ) the supporters made or what context ?

nono, no context needed. Just lyrics of people who write. or even movies.
I just like of the the idea of a collection of 'creativeness' of the supporters.
but I never produced a CD, I wouldn't know how thick a booklet can actually become or how much it would cost. or whatever. It's just a thought, I think it would throw over a lot of Exit's organisation.
coincidence
Feeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello!

i've just found what is hidden on Howdymedia... i've got a few tiny little problems with sending a work for cd, but i think problem will be solved today, so i'll send my mp3 on cdsubmit@howdyspace.com, i hope that address is for collecting music, if not please let me know...

nice page aswell, i was a little confused with registering etc., but now picture is quite clear, and those emoticons are good...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    H.O.W.D.Y. Music Forum Index -> Project Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: